[Homeroast] Grill roasters, was Re: Has anybody ever heard of / seen these coffeeroasters?

Jim Gundlach pecanjim at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 9 07:43:17 CST 2010

I did roast over a grill and with campfires several years ago but I
think it was a long tradition. Ron Kyle made and sold well built grill
roasters over in South Carolina, just like I can't remember the name
of the cat on my desk.  He was a list member for many years but died
about a year ago I think.  I once stopped by his house and had a
coffee and an enjoyable conversation on a trip up I-85 a couple of
years ago.  I will never forger how disappointed he was when I beat
him in the home roast competition at a home roasting event a few years
ago.  I never did buy a grill roaster from him because I had already
made one.  His grill roaster drum business was continued by a friend
of his, the web page is still on line:
                                          http://www.rkdrums.com/index.htm
        pecan jim