[Homeroast] Has anybody ever heard of / seen thesecoffeeroasters?

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Mon Feb 8 21:16:37 CST 2010

While I don't disagree there are some way underpowered wannabe roasters
being sold out there, don't think for a second available heat power is the
only criteria in determining a roasters performance or capacity. Design
matters. For instance a typical Q-Drum roast setup runs around 50k btu with
up to maybe 5LB capacity. USRC 3k is 25k btu and 8LB batches no problem. And
I'm not talking long 30 or even on the outside of decent 20 minute roasts.
Manageable profiled roasts.

Ok ok, a USRC ain't a hacked home rotisserie oven setup...
:-)

Slave to the Bean Kona Kurmudgeon miKe mcKoffee
www.NorwestCoffee.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/

http://themeyers.org/HomeRoast/