[Homeroast] Roast not done?

Claus Thøgersen thoeg at get2net.dk
Mon Feb 8 15:41:09 CST 2010

Hi,

The Behmors  run very different in different homes.

p1 seems to be a good profile to be able to enter second crack. You cannot
use c on p1 so just use a, wait until the last few minutes and add the extra
time max 90 seconds to the roast if needed.

On my Behmor p3 even with d and added time does not bring the beans into
second crack, unless aI preheat the roaster. p1 or p4 with extra time can
get into second crack.

On European Behmors the time noted in the manual from first to second cracks
make little sense, the times are shorter, but the manual is written for the
American version.

2 ways to be sure to enter second crack is to preheat the roaster 1 to 2
minutes before the roast, not recommended by Behmor but several people are
doing it. Another way is to use less beans than the pound, or ½ pound. Do
not start with 1/4 pounds since this is the hardest roasts to get good
results with.

Claus