[Homeroast] advantages of the 2 Behmor drums

Yakster yakster at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 11:10:35 CST 2010

After vacuuming the chaff from the roaster and the drum (with the beans in),
I shake the drum vigorously over a pan which gets a lot more chaff off the
beans.  I read somewhere that home roasted beans don't get the same kind of
agitation that commercially roasted beans do and that leads to more chaff
remaining on the beans.  I use the same shake method I use before the roast
to liberate any smalls and broken pieces.

-Chris