[Homeroast] Roast not done?

Mark Jones mpj100 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 8 08:31:18 CST 2010

Good morning everyone!

It's been driving me insane, but I've been using the Behmor for my roasts and experimenting for a nice roast for a drip maker. They've been pretty bitter I think and not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've been using either P1 C or P3 C and running either a 2 min preheat and then adding back the time after Start or just hitting start from the get go. I've been shooting for just before 2C and hitting cool and then opening the door a good min or 2 after wards to aid in cooling. My roasts have not been turning out as expected. The beans still have the visible chaff in the crevice and not showing that nice flat brown finish.

Any assistance or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mark