[Homeroast] A (somewhat surprising) test for empirical data of heat loss on the CCD

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Sun Feb 7 21:43:26 CST 2010

On Sun, Feb 07, 2010 at 11:42:27AM -0600, ken wrote:
> If any of you wish to repeat these experiments, I would be very
> interested in the results.

Yesterday and this morning, I had made a smaller number of measurements
with cruder equipment, but it all came out the same within the margin
of error (and allowing that I didn't have any interest in following the
temp past the end of brewing, as it's always been a little too hot for
sipping when I'm ready ofr the first taste).  I think that perhaps the
most interesting result is the apparent lack of utility in preheating
the CCD - it still takes about a 10 degree drop from the measuring cup
to in the CCD.  I hadn't measured that directly, but it fits my
extrapolations just fine.

--
For we are pursuing an attempt at the diffusion of knowledge
and the useful arts which is already proving far more effective