[Homeroast] advantages of the 2 Behmor drums

Claus Thøgersen c.thoeg at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 12:16:24 CST 2010

Hi,

My original Behmor drum seem to have a problem with the mechanism that
closes the top of the drum. Sometimes the drum is opening up during a roast.

To prevent this behavior I am probably going to order a new drum, so I have
to decide wich of the drums I want.
I am roasting  Yemen and other small beans so the drum designed for small
beans should be the obvious choice.

I talked to the  Danish distributor about the 2 drums. He suggested to get
the regular drum because too much chaff get caught in the drum designed for
small beans.

What are other Behmor users finding about the 2 drums?
I did not really follow all Behmor threads before the model for Europe was
released last summer, so this may have been discussed earlier on the list.

Claus