[Homeroast] Query

raymanowen at gmail.com raymanowen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 00:51:25 CST 2010

I'm convinced- Nix the point-contact model of energy transfer in drum
roasting. Due to the commotion of the tumbling beans, there is great air
turbulence within even a closed cylindrical drum. Heat > Air > Beans.

What is the IR heat transfer function to the bean? Effectively, the bean is
at the center of a radiating sphere in the drum. Center of sphere is a
simplification, I know, but there is something basically different about
drum roasting.

The combination of convection plus IR heat transfer has never been described
in physical terms. Maybe the Gecko will transfer from insurance to grinders
to drum roasters before it's all played out.

Sorry- or Not- if my disgust with marketing palaver being adduced as genuine
review disturbs the PC barnacles.

"Stylish?" Baloney. "Stylish" sells stuff, it grinds not bean 1.

Is Hell's Kitchen Stylish, or is Chef Ramsay all business and the equipment
form follows speckless functionality? The diners neither see it nor care-
it's the fare and service, not a Stylish kitchen that counts.

Cheers, Mabuhay, Iechyd da -RayO, aka Opa!
--
Persist in old ways; expect new results - suborn Insanity...