[Homeroast] Query

Tom Ulmer tom at transtate.us
Sat Feb 6 08:52:44 CST 2010

The single-point idea would never balance the books for my tastes. A more
likely vision of drum roasting is heat radiating from all sides with
conductive and convective heat transfer within. The materials of
construction with design consideration for agitation will influence each.
Then of course there is there is the luxury of focusing on other aspects of
the roast or mild multitasking instead of providing the primary mechanical
input to the process.

However, it sounds to me as if hot air in motion and the dance with your
beans is making sock suspenders part of your wardrobe... I've wondered at
times myself of the spiritual nature in our roasting efforts and the
culmination of consumption.