[Homeroast] Aeropress and BPA/Now non-plastic hot pot

Edward Rasmussen edras at uwyo.edu
Thu Feb 4 10:31:51 CST 2010

The Hamilton Beach has an electric heating element built into the pot.  The pot sits on a base which is plugged into the AC and has contacts that connect the pot to the electricity.  It takes a couple of minutes or so to reach boiling, depending on the amount of water in the pot (it holds up to a liter), at which point the pot shuts off automatically.  You can then lift the pot off the base, leaving the cord behind, and walk across the room to fill your cup or whatever.