[Homeroast] Gene Cafe problem

Kathleen Tinkel ktinkel at broadlyspeaking.com
Wed Feb 3 16:08:01 CST 2010

My Gene Cafe refused to work the other day -- the lights come on but
nothing happens when I push the start button (no heat, no rotation of
the drum). We checked the fuse, and it was fine.

I spoke to Tim Skaling at Fresh Beans, who says it sounds like it
needs a new chip.

Has anyone here replaced a chip? If so, how difficult is it? I have
found instructions for replacing the heater assembly, which calls for
taking the whole machine apart, but not for replacing a chip.

Thanks,

Kathleen