[Homeroast] Stir crazy popper plus super turbo convection oven mods....

Edward Bourgeois edbourgeois at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 10:20:41 CST 2010

The older galloping gourmet tops are well built. The newer Sunpentown
are lower wattage and cheaper made.  I by-passed the thermostat and
run the fan on a separate line and run the heating element through a
variac. My top has over 1000 roasts on it. I never used the stir crazy
cuz found it too slow in rpms, heard the ufo model is a bit faster but
I spent the time to build a custom bottom. see my blog for more info

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Starfinder Stanley <coffee at starf.org> wrote:
> Here's another question, while I've got you all here....
>
> My electrical engineer friend, who will likely end up on this group
> eventually (...time warp...Hello from the archives, Jeremiah!)  was
> intrigued by the concept of the stir crazy popper and super turbo convection
> oven hybrid roaster....  I noticed that the reviews of those products were
> mediocre for their intended tasks ---has anyone out there who's
> frankenroastered them together had any issues with durability and long term
> functionality?

Ed Bourgeois aka farmroast
Amherst MA.
http://coffee-roasting.blogspot.com/