[Homeroast] how many scoops per cup?

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Tue Feb 2 21:32:42 CST 2010

On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 02:06:16PM -0600, michael brown wrote:
> I finally got up to 4scoops for 2cups before i could really taste the
> coffee.  that still seems like an incredible amount, so i'm going to
> ask the stupid question, or better yet, i'll mask it as a poll
> question:  What's your scoop to cup ratio?  I'm still on the fence

0.8 oz beans (less minimal loss in the Zassenhaus) to 12.5 oz (weight)
of hot water, net is right near 10 oz (weight) of brewed coffee.  Back
when I was grinding by whirly and dripping in the Mellita it wasn't a
great deal different, though I didn't do things by the numbers the way
the CCD makes it so easy to do.

--
Show me your flowcharts and conceal your tables, and I shall continue
to be mystified.  Show me your tables, and I won't usually need your