[Homeroast] Coffee from Malawi?

Tom & Maria - Sweet Maria's Coffee sweetmarias at sweetmarias.com
Tue Feb 2 19:24:59 CST 2010

A lot of trouble transporting coffee from Malawi promptly, so it does
not get exposed to high humidity at port and en route. There is
potential, actually a lot of Gesha coffee there (but it does not cup
like Esmeralda Gesha )- also a lot of catimor cultivar which is not
good. We had someone offering us Gesha-Catimor blend!

Tom

>So over a cup of Colombia "Platos Fuertes de Huila" this weekend, a friend
>and erstwhile roaster asked me about availability of coffee from Malawi.  He
>had been to Africa recently and brought back coffee from the Mzuzu region
>and enjoyed it immensely.  Has anyone on the list had experience with that
>region?
>--Howard
>
>howard.degenholtz at gmail.com

-Tom