[Homeroast] how many scoops per cup?

Tim TenClay teejtc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 14:23:50 CST 2010

I've always heard 1 coffee scoop (2 Tbs) per cup (6 oz cup, not 8 oz).  I
tend to find that too much.   I use about 1.5 oz for a 10 c. pot (again...
cups are not 8 oz....)

Grace and peace,
  `tim

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 3:06 PM, michael brown <disracer at msn.com> wrote:

> Okay i have to tell on myself here.  It's been so long since i've made
> "regular" drip coffee that i couldn't remember how many scoops per cup
> to make.  Seems like i remembered one scoop per two cups (scoops being
> tablespoons).  I did that and tasted nothing, tasted like hot water.  I
> tried another coffee, same thing.  Tried a third, same thing.  I've
> been pulling shots for so long, and CCD's that i thought i aughta try
> it as a drip.  Well it freaked me out.  These were left over coffees of
> coffees that i had already sold to friends and such.  I'm thinking,
> "there's something VERY wrong."
>

> I finally got up to 4scoops for 2cups before i could really taste the
> coffee.  that still seems like an incredible amount, so i'm going to
> ask the stupid question, or better yet, i'll mask it as a poll
> question:  What's your scoop to cup ratio?  I'm still on the fence
> about whether or not i should be freaking out.  Still doesn't quite sit
> right with me.  Although the shots are great!  and the CCD's have been
> good, this just doesn't seem right.
>

> By the way, these were various coffees; Brazil taken 30sec into 2C,
> Sumatra about 30sec into 2C, and Guat just a few snaps into second.
>

> Michael B

The content of this e-mail may be private or of confidential nature.
Do not forward without permission of the original author.
--
Rev. Tim TenClay, D.Min.
Personal Blog: http://lexorandi.tenclay.org