[Homeroast] how many scoops per cup?

michael brown disracer at msn.com
Tue Feb 2 14:06:16 CST 2010

Okay i have to tell on myself here.  It's been so long since i've made
"regular" drip coffee that i couldn't remember how many scoops per cup
to make.  Seems like i remembered one scoop per two cups (scoops being
tablespoons).  I did that and tasted nothing, tasted like hot water.  I
tried another coffee, same thing.  Tried a third, same thing.  I've
been pulling shots for so long, and CCD's that i thought i aughta try
it as a drip.  Well it freaked me out.  These were left over coffees of
coffees that i had already sold to friends and such.  I'm thinking,
"there's something VERY wrong."

I finally got up to 4scoops for 2cups before i could really taste the
coffee.  that still seems like an incredible amount, so i'm going to
ask the stupid question, or better yet, i'll mask it as a poll
question:  What's your scoop to cup ratio?  I'm still on the fence
about whether or not i should be freaking out.  Still doesn't quite sit
right with me.  Although the shots are great!  and the CCD's have been
good, this just doesn't seem right.

By the way, these were various coffees; Brazil taken 30sec into 2C,
Sumatra about 30sec into 2C, and Guat just a few snaps into second.

Michael B