[Homeroast] Off-list Question: Restaurants on the Ave

Lynne lynnebiz at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 10:11:24 CST 2010

I second that *drool* - was reading the beginning of this thread at about
1:30 am right before I was heading to bed. Of course, I was hungry to begin
with... went to bed dreaming of the Chicago dogs I never had...

Boston's claim to hotdog fame is a truck in Newmarket Square called
"Speed's" - the 80+ owner/cook/entrepeneur (Speed himself) finally retired,
but not before training someone who took over.

People on Chowhound actually post messages about "Speed sightings," although
now they actually have a telephone number and even a website. Before, the
truck would appear only if the weather was decent, and the then very
successful Speed actually felt like showing up, lol.

If anyone comes to the Boston area, I heartily recommend locating the Speed
dog wagon - best around here, that's for sure.

Wicked good... ;-)

Lynne