[Homeroast] clever coffee dripper

Allon Stern allon at radioactive.org
Mon Feb 1 07:19:48 CST 2010

On Jan 30, 2010, at 5:52 PM, Yakster wrote:

> I've been using a saucer and the coffee has been hot enough for me, but I
> read on one of the forums (can't put my fingers on it right now) that
> someone found that a certain Ziplok lid fit the CCD perfectly and they've
> been using that.

Hot enough for you, sure, but keep in mind that the reason to cover isn't to keep the coffee hot for your cup, but rather to keep it at the right temperature for extraction. I assume you know that, but others might not, so I point it out to avoid confusion. I'm currently just using a paper plate. It steams the plate a little, but works. I need to find a better solution.
-
allon