[Homeroast] clever coffee dripper

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Mon Feb 1 07:13:57 CST 2010

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 05:52:27PM -0800, Yakster wrote:
> I've been using a saucer and the coffee has been hot enough for me, but I
> read on one of the forums (can't put my fingers on it right now) that
> someone found that a certain Ziplok lid fit the CCD perfectly and they've
> been using that.

I was looking around for a suitable improvised cover and tried the lid
from the 1.75 oz "snap" container (I think there's at least one other
capacity that uses the same diameter).  The rim of the CCD nestles into
the half-roll at the edge as if they had been designed to go together. :-)

> Might be worth a try.

I haven't felt any least interest in trying any of the other suitably
sized objects after a week.  I have been thinking about adding a layer
of insulation (it's pretty thin plastic, and a large exposed area).
Oh, and right around 13 oz of water the crust tends to meet the lid,
which makes it a little messier than is quite ideal.

--
The Internet discourages reflection and deep thought. It
encourages just glossing over, as quick as possible. The