[Homeroast] I-Roast question

msmb at suddenlink.net msmb at suddenlink.net
Thu Dec 30 02:04:33 CST 2010

I was about to replace the roaster base--the part that has the electronics-- of my I-Roast I , which has died, with a Roaster base for an I-Roast II.  All of the other parts from my I-Roast I should work on the new base.  But the diverter in my old glass roasting chamber has for a long time now been broken off its post.  that is the post that is in the very center of the chamber.  When I roasted I would just fit the diverter over the post and it would most of the time stay on during the roast.  Sometimes, the movement of the beans would topple it during the cooling cycle.  It is a little annoying, but I never tried roasting without it.  Does anyone know if it is an essential part of the roaster, and would my roasts come out just as well without it?

I suppose the other possibility is to get some engine glue and see if that holds it.  I don't think I can order that part separately.  The only other possibility is to purchase an entire new I-Roast.