[Homeroast] Brand New Roaster-To-Be here

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Tue Dec 28 19:41:09 CST 2010

Rayo, out to lunch today with misinformation. Even flat out wrong
information.

The small length of time, seconds, needed to empty a commercial roaster into
an efficient cooling bin DOES NOT cause un-uniform roasts. Quite the
contrary. My USRC 3k routinely doing over max rated capacity rated 7.1 to
8lb batches can roast far more uniformly than my $2700 Computer Controlled
HotTop doing rated 1/2lb batches.

And wrong again, the beans are not held at a constant steady temperature
state during the roast but rather constantly increasing temperature state,
similar for the roast environment though not the same with some late roast
stages ET actually lower than BT.

I won't go further about not just heat but type of heat and type of heat
transfer and air-flow affecting roast quality but have bagging to do...

Slave to the Bean  miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/

http://themeyers.org/HomeRoast/