[Homeroast] Grinder

John and Emma jehorchik at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 18:00:25 CST 2010

Thank you for the replies. I regularly remove the hopper and blades and
vacuum out the whole machine when cleaning. I also use the brush to clean
the blades. Yesterday I also removed the outer casing to try and look at the
motor and brushes. I vacuumed out the whole interior hoping this would help.
Unfortunately the V. worked but ceased after a few seconds or when I added
any beans. The motor and brushes are encased in a metal cylinder which I
can't figure out how to remove or look inside. I vacuumed the area of the
cylinder where there are two holes or slots at the bottom.

I am only guessing but John is probably right with it being the drive gears.
I'll have to wait till this week and make some calls to see how much it
costs for new gears and what Baratza has to say.

Thank you all again for posting suggestions. Merry Christmas everyone.

John H.