[Homeroast] Grinder

michael brown disracer at msn.com
Sat Dec 25 10:31:56 CST 2010

I agree with the suggestions. John, I can't tell from your reply if you've taken the top blade off.  It seems like i had a similar problem at a family reunion. I brought my V. and Chemex to show off (and at the specific request of numerous family members). I was using a large Nicaragua bean that got caught below the plastic top inside the hopper, between it and a lot of bean 'dust' that accumulated in the blades.  I was able to take the top blade off and use a brush to clear away much of the debris.  I didn't have the brush that came with the grinder, it was back home.  Of course it was as bright and early, everyone was nursing their hangovers from the night before, hovering, literally hovering around me as i couldn't get the V to grind. It was bad. Almost scary.Anyway, i hope you can get it working not only for yourself, but so you can share your coffees with family.
Michael Bb'ham, AL