[Homeroast] NY Day best of 2010 SO Espresso Shoot-out at the Roastery

John Nanci john at chocolatealchemy.com
Fri Dec 24 17:19:40 CST 2010

Sounds fantastic mike.

Started off with tempering and molding 5 lbs of chocolate for gifts.

I and Logan are now making a pair of Dual origin mocha
tortes  (remember those?) - Fresh made 80% Venezuelan Rio Caribe
chocolate and Yemen Mokha Ismaili shots.  Talk about burst in your
mouth raspberry (from the Rio Caribe) and chocolate (oddly, from the
Ismali).  Just about to make up the dark Rio Caribe ganache to gild the lily.

Then onto the small greens, walnut, pear, double cream gorgonzola,
with blueberry vinaigrette to take over to a friends for a 'simple'
dinner of fresh dungeness crab (plus salad and torte of course).

Just keeping it simple :)