[Homeroast] NY Day best of 2010 SO Espresso Shoot-out at the Roastery

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Fri Dec 24 16:39:54 CST 2010

Just finished roasting 15# (two batches) Ethiopia Jimma -Nigusie Lemma for
NY Day SO espresso hopper. Guess what's in the roaster now that'll be in
another SO espresso hopper for a head to head shoot-out? "Found" a 15# vac
brick in the freezer of Ethiopia Haile-Selassie:) Ok, set it aside many
months ago for just this purpose. Unfortunately didn't save any of the
Ethiopia Maduro so no 3-way battle but that's ok. When I set aside the Haile
figured it would be the main Star NY Day, but then Jimma came along and blew
me away!

Don't believe vac freezing greens works? You shoulda smelled the "9 month
old" Haile through 1st development before and as it dropped, hasn't lost a
step. It's gonna be a hell of a battle with Jimma duking it out with Haile
NY Day! The betting line says it's too close to call.

So what are you doing this fine Christmas Eve afternoon!

Slave to the Bean miKe mcKoffee
http://www.NorwestCoffee.com

http://www.mckoffee.com/

Pacific Northwest Gathering VII