[Homeroast] graphs from roasting

kevin creason ckevinj at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 20:48:39 CST 2010

I graph my roasts from time to time. It helps to see them in
perspective. I eventually want to be using Typica to log it and graph
it better, and integrate cupping/tasting notes... but I need to get
the right data reader for my computer.
In the meantime, I take my notes and readings from the cheapo Chinese
data reader and graph them. Occasionally. I need to do it more often
because it really does help.

For instance, I've been struggling lately, but I think tonight's
Panama Carmen estate (1900m) will come out very nice after rest. I
heard a few second snaps, but barely any at all. The temps were fairly
well controlled with a gentle rise approaching MM's 20F/min (:)) bump
as best as I can with a two-burner grill in the open air of the car
port. I ran about a minute behind my target, though.

If you are interested, here are my google doc coffee roasting
spreadsheets, free to browse... There's a doc that explains my
multipler on the burner numbers (to get them to graph with the grill
temps).
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B4wweV16olu8NDYxOGZmNTctMzI2My00OTk2LWFkODctMTliYzhmMDdjNGY4&hl=en
feed back welcome, but flames will return to your chaff collector....

-Kevin
/*“ I am looking for a lot of men who have an infinite capacity to not
know what can't be done. ” -- Henry Ford  */