[Homeroast] THE home roaster

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Mon Dec 20 20:20:26 CST 2010

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 01:11:08PM -0800, Tom & Maria - Sweet Maria's Coffee wrote:
> it was build around some commonly available heat source, and you had
> to put it together, but gave control of heat/air, manual control of
> roast curves, physical sampling from the roast chamber, and cooled
> outside the roast chamber in 4 min or less, that would hit most of
> my targets. One disagreement I might find with other home roasters
> would be batch size. I think that a 150-300 gram batch is ideal.

http://pikibo-coffeetools.de/jpg/PIKIBO-Roestbiene-Lincar104V-1280.jpg

External heat source, some assembly required, nothing but manual
control unless you build some automation, external cooling but I don't
think that's included beyond the end of the dump chute.  This is sort
of a German analog to the Quest that one of the regulars in the #coffee
channel on freenode recently acquired.  Yes, we thought it was funny,
too - the Quest looks more like the "fine German engineering" cliche
and vice versa.

Lots more info if you have the optional German decoder in your head:

  http://pikibo-coffeetools.de/roestbiene.html

--
Anyone who says you can have a lot of widely dispersed people hack
away on a complicated piece of code and avoid total anarchy has never