[Homeroast] SM Coffees of the Year, what were yours?

Jim Couch ravskau at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 09:25:00 CST 2010

Was waiting on a shipment to arrive from SM and went by a buddy of mine's
shop asked him if he had anything interesting......He said this Sulawesi and
I bought a pound just to satisfy my roasting "Jones" roasted 1/2 that
evening and starte d tasting the next morning. My gawd...it was incredible!
Took a 16 .oz cup worth of Jimma and while we drank it I asked him if he
knew exactly what that Sulawesi he had had was and where he had gotten it.
His answer; Shrubs Toarrcoa Peaberry I shoulda known.

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 8:01 AM, Michael Wascher <wascher at gmail.com> wrote:

> Always seems to be the one I just roasted.  ;)
>
> "Divide and rule, a sound motto. Unite and lead a better one." Johann
> Wolfgang von Goethe<
> http://quotes4all.net/johann%20wolfgang%20von%20goethe.html
>

> On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 10:28 PM, Edward Bourgeois <edbourgeois at gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
>  > As always Tom has come through again with some fine coffees during
> > 2010. With his travels this year 2011 will have more surprises I'm
> > sure. So many fine listing that many top listing I missed but what
> > stood out for me was..
> >
> > Best: ***Rwanda Gikongoro Nyarusiza***  total package, creamy
> > runner ups: ***Colombia Finca Buenavista -Carlos Imbachi***, when I
> > got it right what a classy cup, and ***Ethiopia Dry Process Jimma
> > -Nigusie Lemma***, nice, versatile.
> >
> > I didn't try a workshop lot this year:
> >
> > Decaf. Ethiopia FTO Shoye Sidamo WP Decaf , never had such a nice
> > Ethiopia decaf.
> > runner up: Guatemala La Maravilla SWP Decaf  so drinkable and a nice
> > decaf. espresso SO too.
> >

> ********************************************************************************************************
> > Thanks to Tom, Maria, Derek, Josh and crew
> > And of course thanks List!!!
> > Happy Holidays,
> > best cup,
> > Ed
> >

> > --
> > Ed Bourgeois aka farmroast
> > Amherst MA.
> > http://coffee-roasting.blogspot.com/

"Idiots are so much fun! That's why every village either has one or wants
one!"
G. House MD.