[Homeroast] THE home roaster

Deward Hastings dewardh at pacbell.net
Fri Dec 17 21:16:34 CST 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: homeroast-bounces at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com
[mailto:homeroast-bounces at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com] On Behalf Of Rich
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2010 11:58
To: A list to discuss home coffee roasting. There are rules for this list,
Subject: Re: [Homeroast] THE home roaster

So, then pray tell, how do I get it to roast 20 oz with the default time
setting on 1lb P-1 and end the roast with 1 to 2 minutes left on the clock?

Could be a lot of things . . . sample variation (mine's a rather old machine
. . . I've already replaced the drum motor once, and changes may have been
made if you have more recent production), you could be blessed with high
line voltage and short internal wiring (I could break out one of the variacs
and see what happens with 120V+ at the outlet, I suppose), could be that you
store your beans and keep your roasting room warmer than I do, maybe you
like lighter roasts, lots of possible reasons.  But whatever the reasons are
mine will time out well before second crack with a pound of beans in it . .
.