[Homeroast] Quest M3 Arrives, Is it worth it?

sci scizen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 17:54:07 CST 2010

Thanks so much Tom for the kind of deep insight probably only you could
provide.
I agree the bean in the roaster is the biggest factor. After roasting that
'07 IMV last week that truth is all the more vivid to me. It was still an
amazing cup, blueberry still alive.

I liked Allon's analogy with cameras. As a photographer, I understand fully.
If you're going to take photos of a once in a lifetime event, you want a
good camera. Like all here, I have lots of home roasting devices. But when
you have a killer bean, like Aida's Grand Reserve, or a fancy gesha, or that
batch of  '07 IMV, you don't want to risk it in an air popper (or the B1600
methinks).

Ivan