[Homeroast] Quest M3 Arrives, Is it worth it?

g paris p pchforever at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 15:39:48 CST 2010

John:

I am not sure a video is what you are looking for, perhaps simply more
roasting with
different style roasters. Try the heat gun, grab a cheap popper and perhaps
hit
up a friend who may have a larger capacity roaster or a Behmor, Gene Cafe
or Hot Top you can give a tryout!!

I have had all of the roasters out there in the realistic price range for
the local consumer
and for me in the end it was/is total control that I want. Hence my choice
of a QM3.

You will really like the Behmor roaster; it is a great machine. I loved
mine.
You also love your results, why change John? You really want a NEW machine.
You wanna try out something a bit more sophisticated we know you type around
here. We have all fallen for the coffee god/goddess refrain of new machine!!

Please do not let threads among older/seasoned home roasters distract you
and make you feel you need something more. You don't John.

If you love your results, why change? If you want to try a different level
of roaster go for it but remember that the day after your new roaster
arrives
at your home someone will bring out a new one and everyone will jump on the
bandwagon!!

Enjoy what you have now.  When and if your decide you need/could/should get
better results then look
around.

I must ask you John, do you roast mostly the same variety/type of coffee or
do you roast
multiple countries beans?

thanks and let us know what you decide.

ginny