[Homeroast] Quest M3 Arrives, Is it worth it?

Joseph Robertson theotherjo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 22:58:24 CST 2010

Tom,
Thank you for your incite and wisdom that only comes from hours and hours
doing what you do with the wonderful tools/roasters at your disposal.
Regarding your comment,
 "Getting really good at targeting that roast degree is difficult; doing it
in a Behmor is even harder. That (and cooling within the same space you
roast in) are my gripes with most home roasters, and those factors make a
difference in successful results."
Have you had the opportunity to consult on home roaster design and
engineering concepts with a manufacturer?
Just seems like of all the professionals I know of you would be the first I
would come to.
Thank you again for so much of the roasting/targeting picture from your
perspective and how much or little the machine matters.
Makes me want to drag out the popper and play again and compare like you
described, same bean different roast systems.
Cheers,
Joseph