[Homeroast] Why I will be selling my Behmor and buying an M3

Paul Leung paulgleung at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 14 19:04:16 CST 2010

I've had a fair share of chaff fires with just 8 oz. of DP beans--enough  to
make me nervous and sweaty-palmed every time I hit first crack  (visions of a
sweat-drenched, trembling index finger slipping off the "Cool"  button and
sending my Behmor into the Third Crack Club...).

1.25 lbs of DP beans in the Behmor roasted to Full City+ or French?!? Indoors?
Without a fire extinguisher in reach? You are the Evel Knievel of coffee
roasters!

Back on topic, sort of. The Behmor is a very good roaster for the price, batch
size, and smoke suppression. I certainly understand Behmor owners wanting more
out of it. It is easy to overlook its benefits. Can you imagine life for home
roasters pre-Behmor? The Quest M3 looks awfully nice, but at 3x the price of a
Behmor and 2x a HotTop, I would certainly expect a significant  improvement in
roast quality and control (and I certainly wouldn't be upset if a M3 showed up
under the Christmas tree this year...)

Paul

>Message: 2
>Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 12:25:59 -0600