[Homeroast] Why I will be selling my Behmor and buying an M3

Rich rich-mail at octoxol.com
Mon Dec 13 13:20:08 CST 2010

Nope, that is the way it works.  If the thermocouple is exposed to
either direct or reflected IR radiation the reading is meaningless.
Radiant energy heats things, not air.  The air in the cavity is heated
by the structure, mainly the beans.  No preheat either.  Every test I
ran showed no consistent measurable change in roast times with a preheat
as compared to no preheat.  Initial bean temperature is stabilized at
70F and the roaster is also at 70F.  The roaster is from the first batch
and has the "cold roaster" mod.