[Homeroast] Why I will be selling my Behmor and buying an M3

Hank Perkins hankperkins at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 10:12:07 CST 2010

I am glad the Behmor meets your needs. If you go back and read my original email on why I bought the Quest you will see how I got there. The Behmor is capable of roasting coffee. I had difficulty achieving repeatability. I am used to manual control in the things I use. The begining of the end for me was the last bit of Kona I had. It was around 13 oz. Roaster was clean. I used P2  1 pound and a preheat.  After all + ups the coffee never hit C1. I tried to drink it. It went in the drain.

My main  issue with the Behmor is as follows. There is a disconnect between the roaster and the instructions. Secondly I believe I baked as much coffee as I roasted.

Even so, at $300 as an entry level for what it does it is a buy. I was unsuccessful at producing the roasted coffees I know the green beans are capable of.

Thanks,
Hank

Sent from my iPhone