[Homeroast] Why I will be selling my Behmor and buying an M3

John Nanci john at chocolatealchemy.com
Mon Dec 13 09:40:20 CST 2010

I spoke with Joe about some of this thread, and he told me some
interesting things.

To the question of why can't you just keep adding time, the answer is
basically this. There is no other 1 lb roaster on the market.  It's
is a new animal and basically has new 'rules'.  No manufacturer would
build it without time limits after they themselves saw how
differently 1 lb of beans behaves as compared to 1/2 lb.  Basically,
his hands were tied.  Likewise, he could not get insurance nor ETL
approval for the roaster without this feature.  It's one of those
realities of the market.

And for those vocal few (no offense) that can't reach 2nd crack just
when they want, there are 10 fold or more who can.  Just something to
think about.

John