[Homeroast] Why I will be selling my Behmor and buying an QM3

Hank Perkins hankperkins at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 12:32:20 CST 2010

Barry,

I have owned the Behmor the Hot Top and the Quest. I have not been satisfied with the Behmor at all. The Hot Top did a good job. The Quest, well in my opinion the Quest is at least as much of an improvement over the Hot Top as the Hot Top is over the Behmor.

After my first roast on the quest I had planned to do some comparison roasts with the Behmor. That won't happen, I don't want to waste the beans.  If I roasted on the Behmor I won't drink the product. That is how much better the Quest performs.  There is nothing to compare. The only thing I need to decide is do I keep the quest as a backup or go ahead and punt it.

If the Hot Top was still in decent condition I expect I would do some comparison roasts.

If I didn't have a roaster or was using a popcorn popper I and wanted to move to a drum roasting the only choice I can suggest with a good conscience is the Quest.

It really is that much better.