[Homeroast] Larger-than-250g roaster? (was: Quest M3)

John Nanci john at chocolatealchemy.com
Fri Dec 10 21:45:38 CST 2010

Oh, I just have to disagree with this.  My homemade, well insulated
'Zen Roaster' can do 1.5 lbs in 14 minutes, and I've maxed it out at
2.5 lbs with a 17 minute roast.  And it's 120 V. 20 amps, but 120
V.  Day in day out it does 1 lb at no where near full power.  The
main reason we don't see it is safety and various safety concerns and
the cost to bring it to market.

My $0.02 worth.

Alchemist John