[Homeroast] "Using" the > Quest M3 Arrives, Is it worth it?

Edward Bourgeois edbourgeois at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 15:10:37 CST 2010

Great wisdoms MiKe! To add an approach, when new to a roaster, do 2 or
even 3 batches the same day, to the same level with the same beans and
different profile or batch size adjustments. Then you can comparison
cup vs trying to compare one weeks batch to another batch a week or so
later. You may end up with more coffee than you can drink but friends
will usually take the extras!

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 1:20 PM, miKe mcKoffee <mcKona at comcast.net> wrote:
> What I would do to learn the QM3 and then for future repeatability and
> consistency.
>
> For every roast keep a log of:
> Starting Bean, charge weight, charge temp, heat and air settings at charge.
> Then every 30sec record ET, BT, heat and air settings. Every 30sec. Record
> when you make a heat and/or air change. Record C1. Record C2 if applicable.
>
> Later analyze the cup and make profile adjustments as needed. Experiment
> with same bean different degrees of roast same profile, same degree of roast
> different profiles, different degree of roast different profiles etc.
> Stretch or compress different sections of profiles and compare. Etc.
> Eventually it'll START to make sense!
>
> Slave to the Bean  miKe mcKoffee
> www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
> http://www.mckoffee.com/