[Homeroast] "Using" the > Quest M3 Arrives, Is it worth it?

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Fri Dec 10 12:20:08 CST 2010

What I would do to learn the QM3 and then for future repeatability and
consistency.

For every roast keep a log of:
Starting Bean, charge weight, charge temp, heat and air settings at charge.
Then every 30sec record ET, BT, heat and air settings. Every 30sec. Record
when you make a heat and/or air change. Record C1. Record C2 if applicable.

Later analyze the cup and make profile adjustments as needed. Experiment
with same bean different degrees of roast same profile, same degree of roast
different profiles, different degree of roast different profiles etc.
Stretch or compress different sections of profiles and compare. Etc.
Eventually it'll START to make sense!

Slave to the Bean  miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/