[Homeroast] Quest M3 Arrives, Is it worth it?

Edward Bourgeois edbourgeois at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 09:58:20 CST 2010

ET/MET is the most important thing to know and get control of.
Avoiding scorching or baking. Finding a spot to acquire this in a
consistent and uncontaminated  way is also important. From others
trials I've followed, close to the outside of the drum and part way in
from the ends seems to work the best for the Quest. Getting an
approximate drum temp. relationship. A good BT reading can work to
monitor ET indirectly by keeping track of the rate of rise of the bean
temp with a good understanding of the beans being used, batch size and
heat transfer abilities. Having both ET and BT just makes things
easier as does having my BT rate of rise metering.

--
Ed Bourgeois aka farmroast
Amherst MA.