[Homeroast] Quest M3 Arrives, Is it worth it?

Robert Yoder robotyonder at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 8 23:40:51 CST 2010

Hank,

Thanks for your very informative posts!

Can you provide a bit more info about the thermocouples and data-logger you installed in the Quest?

I'm still a bit confused about the relative merits of wire-mesh v solid drum.  I imagine the solid drum has more thermal mass and is slower to react to temperature changes, but what I don't get is why the solid drum is better, being slower and thus less-sensitive to control input, especially with the thermal lag of the electric heating elements.

Any light you can provide would be very welcome.

Thanks, and,

Happy Roasting,

robert yoder