[Homeroast] Larger-than-250g roaster? (was: Quest M3)

Larry Dorman ldorman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 13:01:45 CST 2010

The SCTO (Stir Crazy / Turbo Oven) setup works great and is extremely
affordable...  I set mine up several years ago with a total investment
of under $100 and I'm still using it today.  I roast one pound batches
without difficulty, though I do consider that pretty much the limit.
Here are some photos I took in 2005 (wow - I didn't know it was THAT
long ago)...  http://www.flickr.com/photos/bestfx/sets/1071789/.

I'd be happy to answer any questions...  I used to do all of my
roasting outside, but I've now setup in my garage with an old hood fan
venting out a window.

LarryD