[Homeroast] Larger-than-250g roaster? (was: Quest M3)

Hank Perkins hankperkins at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 11:08:11 CST 2010

Kysh,

With all due respect, based on my investigations, when you move to
roasting 1 pound plus you are dealing with commercial grade roasters.
Generally these systems require permanent installations and  custom
exhaust venting.  When I looked at these roasters the gas installation
and the vent installation were more than I was willing to deal with.
The roasters you are looking at start around $4,000 just for the
roaster.  Gas and ventilation is going to run at least another $1,000
and often require inspections by city inspectors. This can effect your
insurance.  If in fact you plan to roast in a leased facility this
could have lease  considerations with regard to the modifications and
the operation of the roaster depending on the lease.