[Homeroast] Larger-than-250g roaster? (was: Quest M3)

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Wed Dec 8 01:57:25 CST 2010

I'm not sure where you got the idea there are "lots of options for low-end
in the 1lb-1.5kg range". Do it (build it) yourself maybe, ready built off
the shelf targeting home roasters exactly zero that I know of.

As Andy mentioned there is the RKDrum (and some copycats) made to use with a
gas grill, not much else if anything. But really what you're looking for AND
the activities of roasting up to 3.3lb batches for more than yourself and
immediate family IS entering the realm of commercial roasting and as such
you'll need to look at real commercial roasters if you're serious about
moving forward. Then yes there are options, but not low-end or low cost.

Slave to the Bean  miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/

http://themeyers.org/HomeRoast/

<snip>
> Recently, as discussion of the Quest has bounced around, I've seen a
> few comment saying that there are lots of options for low-end in the
> 1lb-1.5kg range, but frankly I'm not familiar with them, and have been
> looking around with little success.
<snip>