[Homeroast] IRoast 2

Scott Miller peechdogg at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 17:43:10 CST 2010

I was wondering about the aluminum v. cast iron question also. A friend who
wants to try some whirley pop stove top roasting is telling me that a
stainless steel with metal gears stove top popper is available via some web
sites, and I know the SM site has the less expensive aluminum with plastic
gears.

It seems to me the main problem is not that there's a huge difference
between heat conduction, but radically overheating a stovetop popper can be
a bad thing ™ for the gears. At least that was my suggestion: start with the
aluminum popper and see how that goes. You can probably find metal gears to
replace the plastic ones, I'm thinking.

cheers,

Scott