[Homeroast] IRoast 2

Lynne lynnebiz at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 14:21:36 CST 2010

Coming into this conversation late!

Aluminum is much, much better than cast iron for roasting beans. The cast
iron absorbs the heat, making the control nearly impossible.

The pan I use now is one I got at a local Hispanic store. The sides are
slightly sloped, which makes it perfect for stirring while roasting. A wok
might be good (and I got rid of my wok without even thinking of trying it!
Sheesh!). Kitchen here is too small, so I'm always trying to downsize - I'll
still have a small kitchen when I move, but there's a little pantry for
storage.

I love my cast iron, but *not* for roasting coffee.

Lynne