[Homeroast] Traditional Offering: Chemex

Lynne lynnebiz at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 08:51:35 CST 2010

Sorry, guys - been so busy with my upcoming move that I nearly forgot about
this! I'll extend it a couple of more days (gives me a chance to find a box
for it, too).

Here's the link to the photos I also nearly forgot to take (hope this link
works):

http://picasaweb.google.com/lynnebiz/Chemex#

As you can see, the wooden 'handle' (is it actually called that, I wonder?)
is a bit worn, and my make-shift tie that replaced the leather strap is *
lovely*. I also did my best washing it by hand (my new apt has a dishwasher
- woo-hoo! for modern conveniences!), but I glass & I have never really
gotten along too well, so I didn't want to take any chances of breaking it.

(Notice my cool retro wind-up clock in the background - got that at a yard
sale last year for a dollar.)

Anyway, if anyone else is interested & doesn't mind paying for the shipping,
send me a private email by Thursday. I'll put all the names in any bowl I
haven't packed away yet, & select the winner - right after Fringe, which
will be at 10 PM Eastern time. Determined to just get internet connection &
not TV for at least the first few months to save some money, so I'm going to
make sure I catch this episode (I'm totally addicted to this show - yay for
being able to watch programs on the net!) Besides, I'm going to be a short
bus ride from Harvard Square, and will have lots to do in my own
neighborhood when I move.

Can't wait!!

:D

Lynne