[Homeroast] Quest M3 Arrives, Is it worth it?

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Mon Dec 6 21:26:29 CST 2010

Scott, if it was me I'd go for a QM3. For the price of a commercial sample
roaster you could have more than one QM3, and QM3 would afford more
versatility (profiling control capability) versus traditional barrel sample
roaster. Unless you're talking about something like a USRC .5k as a sample
roaster.

I'm still using a CCR HotTop as my sample roaster but would rather have two
QM3 for what I paid for the CCR HT...or one QM3 and some halogens for vac:)

Not that the CCR HT isn't pretty nifty, but I believe from all I've read and
what I understand of how the the QM3 works that it's capable of superior
roasts, close to if not on par with my USRC. QM3 fully manual of course so
doesn't have the automation advantage of the CCR HT, but I could live with
that.

Slave to the Bean  miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/