[Homeroast] Behmor Incinerator

Bob Holland bobholland at att.net
Fri Dec 3 13:19:02 CST 2010

Failing to heed the warnings about not leaving your roast unattended, I had
a significant fire in the Behmor yesterday. This was a combination of errors
that resulted in the total incineration of a half pound of beans to glowing
embers. The machine shut down it self and is totally scorched inside with
significant smoke residue. The door gasket is unharmed. My garage
bathroom/roasting room has some heavy smoke remains as well.

I am planning on using "Easy Off" oven cleaner to try to remove the black
residue that didn't budge with Simple Green.

Has anyone had issue with the functioning of the Behmor after a fire?  I
realize this was WAY more than a chaff fire. I just hope this wasn't a $300
lesson learned!!

Bob
Dexter, Oregon